GO GREEN with Any Size Moving
We have put into place the GO GREEN initiative by incorporating the practices of Reduce, Re-use and Recycle into our daily operations, both on the road and off.
When you move with Any Size and Mayflower, you help us reach our goal – making our world a little greener – one move at a time.
Three levels of commitment to GO GREEN:
1. Our in-house initiative to Recycle, Reuse and Reduce in our day-to-day business practices:
- Conscientious fleet operations, including: regular scheduled truck and trailer maintenance and/or trade-ins to reduce harmful emissions; regular safety and mechanical inspections on all equipment; reduction of fuel emissions through reduced highway speed and observance of anti-idling regulations; and efficient dispatching of equipment
- Responsible choices about packing materials, including: reducing or eliminating the use of non recyclable packing material; reusing or recycling packing materials and containers where possible; utilizing blanket-wrap services to reduce packaging and materials; using re-usable quilted furniture pads and floor runners; and Using only packing paper and boxes which are 100% recyclable
- Mindfulness in use of resources, including: striving to become a paper-less workplace; recycling paper, cans, bottles, cardboard and toner cartridges in our offices; electricity conservation; retiring containers after 15 years service and giving them a second life as storage containers to local farms and other businesses; recycling tires; and reusing pallets and crates.
2. Our involvement in local and community based environmental initiatives.
- Participation of management and staff by volunteering in and/or initiating community projects such as tree planting, park clean-ups, recycling drives.
- Donation of materials, services and use of equipment for local environmentally-focused projects and events.
3. Our efforts to assist you, our customer, to GO GREEN in your new home.